Tuesday, March 28, 2006

SABIAN!!!

The title of the post is the make of my preferred cymbal manufacturer.
At the moment i am also looking for some Istanbul cumbals, they sound nice to.
Why have i wrote this?
I do not know why.

Last night, the young blokes from church went out to have a balti, it was good.
Also, My field trip went well.
Tonight i am playing percussion for sunday's service.
that will be hard to fill beckys shoes despite them being a size 5. I think they are anyway, come to think of it are they? it is quite hard to guestimate peoples shoe size. It also doesnt matter.
Anyway becky is really good at the percussion, i have been listening to the things she has been putting in to the music, and i can only try to keep time and make my own sound, yet at the same time keep it consistant with the music which is played at the same time.

Jack is doing well on the drums, he has a natural talent (if you can say that hitting stuff with sticks is a talent) for drumming. This is good, so people be patient with him, he also has a lack of confidence which is really needless as he is in my list of top drummers of all time. If you want to see my list, leave a comment and i will add it onto my next post!

Anyway i have been reading my bible recently, and i have came across the verses which talk about gods armour, and to watch for the fiery darts of the evil one. This seems like we have all read it before and we dont really read into it but it sort of sits in the back of our mind. But it is something we need to be mindful of. We are often really vunerable in what we think we are strong in. The fiery darts analogy is good because it makes me think of not big sweeping blows, but little blows which gradually wear us down. It is like this often. W e generally find that we are more resistant to major blows as we have an immediate defence system, however the smaller blows seem to take us down slowly, wear us away while we dont really notice.

I have felt like this rercently, just drained of everything, like its just to much hassel to keep going, but it realy isnt. everything we do is very important, and it is because of the reason we do things. As long as our heart is in the right place, that is half the battle, the other half is to work constuctivly, by building each other up, by suppport mainly through prayer.

This probably doesnt make sense to people, but i have got it out of my system,

Peace out. Andy

1 Comments:

Blogger Lemony Snickett said...

Hey you!
Is Animal from the muppets on the list ? (cuz he's pretty fly on the drums!)
And your right about Jack (big dogg), he IS an amazing drummer. Very natural. Also, he must have guts to get up infront of everyone on a sunday night and play (I know I couldnt do that at his age!)
Anyhoo...Ill end this comment the same as Amy.
all my love today and always
steeee xxxxxxxxxxxxx(more kisses!)

4:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home